Monday, July 27, 2009







American Stereotypes



According to the book Cross-Cultural Contact with Americans, the stereotypes are “exaggerated beliefs and images about groups and people are often based on a lack of information or contact”. The stereotypes happen everywhere with all persons.




In my opinion the Americans have a particular stereotype that represents in other countries and its own country. When I think in Americans, I think principally in fast food, because they are created a lot food for microwave that is dangerous for the health and cause obesity in the people. I believe that this happen for other stereotype of American, because they are good and hard works but give a lot important and forget other things more necessary like the family.




I have appreciation for the respect that they have to the law, the Americans obey with yours duty, and the care its property publishes and private, this surprise me because in my country this don’t happen.




In America the variety of culture exist, because live people of other countries or person’s different classes, the Americans respect the different persons and they created laws for the equality. In my opinion this is a good thing but the cultures don’t integrate and they support distance between them, this happen in the most cases but not in all the case, and they have always respect.
In this summer I had the opportunity of new friends know and the majority they were so friendly and respectful. I going to home with nice memories and with a lot friends.










No comments:

Post a Comment